Event - A Dinner in Francia

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Event - A Dinner in Francia

Post by DeltaV on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:07 pm

The bottom of the sun is just beginning to dip below the horizon as you enter the city of Paris, be it by land or sea. Curious commoners gather along the sides of the streets and the Seine to gawk at what may be the only foreign royalty they've ever seen or will see.

Waiting for you are a number of carriages, driver and horse alike both waiting with little patience to bring dignitaries the short distance from the city to the Palace of Versailles. Your stomach growls; no doubt dinner is about to begin.

That seemed to amuse the northman. "I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter.

"Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue."

DeltaV

View user profile http://www.Idonthaveawebsite.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Event - A Dinner in Francia

Post by MysticPing on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:22 pm

King Karl arrives closely followed by two members of the kingsguard. The guards are wearing black scaled Armour as well as a scaled hat. (Like this) The king himself is wearing clothing with the royal colors of the UPG. Blue clothing with yellow details and a yellow eagle on his back. (See this but slightly fancier) It is very lightly armored. He is wearing a golden crown decorated by all kings of fancy rubies, sapphires and more. He has the look of a man who knows what he is doing.

You can see both the guards are carrying long swords and the king is carrying a nicely designed one handed sword. The sword guard looks like a golden eagle and the blade is decorated in old runes. Together they enter the assigned carriage.

Last edited by MysticPing on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

ListerRimmer [18|Mar 06:01 PM]: what to post in VotDS | Caesar15 [18|Mar 06:02 PM]: Something sexy

Soccer [21|May 08:06 AM]: I'll be back >.>

Top8 [02|Mar 04:29 PM]: sounds like a naughty fellow, this professor Fux

[2014-07-13 20:10:06] MysticPing (Victor): Caesars extensive boob research? [2014-07-13 20:10:12] Stephen: Yes
[11:24:57 PM] Ryan Jones: I got nothing better to do than question peoples sex lives
Nah my dick was so confused nothing turned it on

[23:48] Yuriski (Ryan Jones): Then all of a sudden bam, it wants to fuck anything in sight
Tables, lampshades, food blenders
If it exists ill fuck it

[22:46:05] DeltaV: i sure am learning a lot about dino penises today

[21:27:10] DeltaV: you finally found my fetish
[21:27:13] DeltaV: yuri’s fully clothed dad

[23:36:40] Jay Dee: i joined the hitlerjugend
MysticPing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:42 pm

A carriage arrives at the gates of the palace, and once the driver has opened the doors, out steps a man who looks to be in his fourties along with a similarly aged woman, a man perhaps in his early twenties or very late teens and a man around fifty years. Behind them follow two guards in military uniform and carrying sheathed swords.

The first man is dressed in extravagant clothes. White trousers leading to shining black shoes with a similarly coloured shirt with gold buttons. His coat is black with gold and silver trim. On his head rests a crown of gold, a golden band resting on the top of the man's forehead. Above the golden band are dozens of small crosses, and in the very front of the crown a tall, trident cross rises. Finally, beneath the golden band are many fine chain links, also in gold. At his hip rests a black scabbard, clearly containing a sword of some description.

The women wears a white and gold dress of the current style and a band of silver resting on her forehead.
The young man wears similar clothing to the crowned man, but with a simple band of gold replacing the crown. He also carries a sword.
The older man wears a white trousers and shirt, with a blue coat similar to the crowned man's, but less ornate. He also carries a sword.

The crowned man, clearly the king, rests his hand on the younger man's shoulder. "Today, my son, you will learn diplomacy. Observe well."

After some time, the group reaches the dining room, and the older man steps forward.

"It is my great honour to present to you His Royal Majesty Magnus the Sixth, by Grace of the Allfather King of Irland and the Isles, Jarl of Dyflin and of Søreyar and of Grønland and of Island and of Orkney and of Mann and of Føroyar and of Hetland, Lord of Vinland and of Bjørnland and of Fjelland and of Gressland and of Karland, Co-Ruler of the North Atlantic Ocean and of the North Sea, Defender of the Faith and Protector of the Realm, along with Her Majesty Queen Sigrid and His Majesty Prince Magnus Jarl of Strangfjord and heir to the throne.
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticPing on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:57 pm

The king and his guards leave the carriage now at the destination. They enter the dining room. They had brought some German wine with them from Stelzborg. The guard presents the king:
"This is Karl von Stelzner, King of Germany, Duke of the Crownlands, Leader of the German Military and the Protector of the German People. Today he has the honor to also represent the Lowlands and Neuborg."
They find their way to their seating.

ListerRimmer [18|Mar 06:01 PM]: what to post in VotDS | Caesar15 [18|Mar 06:02 PM]: Something sexy

[2014-07-13 20:10:06] MysticPing (Victor): Caesars extensive boob research? [2014-07-13 20:10:12] Stephen: Yes
[11:24:57 PM] Ryan Jones: I got nothing better to do than question peoples sex lives

[23:48] Yuriski (Ryan Jones): Then all of a sudden bam, it wants to fuck anything in sight
If it exists ill fuck it

MysticPing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV on Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:40 pm

For the event, the Hall of Mirrors has been taken up by a long and ornate wooden table, with similarly-styled chairs. A number of guardsmen stand in silence along the pillars at the sides of the room, with muskets outfitted with bayonets and ornamental rapiers at their belts.  

At the far end the young Emperor Louis XVI Carolingian and his similarly young wife, Laura Stanowiskija, sit side by side. On the Emperor's head sits a crown of gold inlaid with various gems, and at his side hangs Joyeuse, the ancient sword of Charlemangne.

The Emperor rises and nods in greeting to the entering royalty. "The honor is mine, all of you; we know well the exploits of the brave and bold men and women of Irland. Please, sit and join us."

As the German entourage enters, he crosses the hall once more to greet them as servants bring the wine to the table. "I am honored that you have come to join us, King Karl, my fondest of allies."

Last edited by DeltaV on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

That seemed to amuse the northman. "I want to live forever in a land where summer lasts a thousand years. I want a castle in the clouds where I can look down over the world. I want to be six-and-twenty again. When I was six-and-twenty I could fight all day and fuck all night. What men want does not matter.

"Winter is almost upon us, boy. And winter is death. I would sooner my men die fighting for the Ned's little girl than alone and hungry in the snow, weeping tears that freeze upon their cheeks. No one sings songs of men who die like that. As for me, I am old. This will be my last winter. Let me bathe in Bolton blood before I die. I want to feel it spatter across my face when my axe bites deep into a Bolton skull. I want to lick it off my lips and die with the taste of it on my tongue."

DeltaV

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticPing on Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:58 pm

Long time no see, Emperor Louis. I see we will have a good time here. French food never dissapoints!

Last edited by MysticPing on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:29 pm; edited 3 times in total

If it exists ill fuck it

MysticPing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by borisperrons on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Six individuals, clearly of foreign origin and peculiarly dressed, approach the carriages.

The elder one, with a the white hair tightly knotted behind his head, leads the way. They all share the same general dress: open sandals with white cotton socks, very large trousers, a strangely cut robe, worn inside the trousers, and a very loose jacket, with unusally large sleeves, and kept somewhat closed by a colored rope across the chest. From their hips, curved lacqued scabbards, containing a sword of unusual shape, whose decorated handle looks like nothing seen before in Paris. On the jackets, circular symbols of some sort make their appearence on the back and on the sleeves: a strange bird, a geometric motif, leaves of an unknown plant.

Among them, the sixth individual stands out in the group, making the assembled nobility turn their heads to spy the view, and causing jelous reactions in some of the noblewomen looking the scene.
A woman of incredible beauty, skin as white as the snows of the Alps, hair as black at the dark of the night and lips as red as the blood moon stands in the middle of the strange group. Although her dresses resemble the ones of the men, they couldn't be more different. Silk instead of cotton, a wraparound skirt instead of the trosers, flowery motifs instead of crests, brilliant white and blue instead of the somewhite dull colours of the men clothes and a large and finely decorated silk sash around the chest. Despite that she both has one of the strange swords.

The elder one, the long white hair tightly knotted behind his head, leads the way. The two younger men carry a cask with mysterious signs on it, and a important looking seal, some sort of weel, or stylized sun, with 16 rays.

"Father, do you think this is a good idea? How can we enter those places, a group of humble emissary as we are?"

"Hideyoshi, you're too young and inexperienced for those things. The nanban have no respect for the conventions of a civilized culture, and will spit on the image of their god to obtain a meter of cloth for free. Greed and violence is what drives them, don't forget it. And also, don't forget that the Tenno Heika himself granted us his benediction; not even the monekeys can go against the Son of Amaterasu. Nakano, what's that?"

The woman was looking, amused, a woman having an histeric crisis in the middle of the road, her head bowed so back that the hair toched the ground. "A cat that is losing her mice, Hajime-san."

The elder lets out a single chuckle, while the other burst in laughters. "Let's go now, and show the nanban some civilization."

"Ai, sensei."

Last edited by borisperrons on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
borisperrons

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriski on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Grand Chancellor Severin Albinson, accompanied by an armed guard bearing the armour of the Rigsraadet's personal staff, disembarks from their carriage. The guard carries a short but rather thick sword, whereas Severin is visibly unarmed ((He carries a small dagger for personal protection)).

Severin, clothed in the royal colours of the UKSD, as a representative of the King as well as his Nation, bears a small ornate box, filled with the finest treats Scandinavia has to offer. The guard bears nothing but a stern, emotionless stare as he scans the surroundings for the slightest sign of danger. He too wears the colours of the Crown.

They both enter the dining room, guard stepping first. He half-unsheathes his sword in ceremonial salute, before announcing the arrival of the Grand Chancellor, as representative of the UKSD, their government, and their royalty. The sword is sheathed as Severin moves forward to meet his host, and the other guests.

Yuriski

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:20 pm

The carriage driver gives a confused stare to the six savage-looking individuals. "Who are you?" he asks in French.

---

The UKSD envoy is greeted by the Emperor and welcomed to take a seat. Servants place a variety of fine cheeses onto the table to be eaten, and begin to pour wine into glasses.

DeltaV

Back to top Go down

Post by borisperrons on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:42 pm

Hajime speaks briefly to what looks like the second in charge, that then answers the guard in a godd, although accented, French.

"We are the envoys of the Tenno Heika, He Who Sits On The Heavenly Throne, to the Court of His Majesty the Emperor of Francia, His brother in the West, Louis XVI. We come from the Dai-Nippon Teikoku, the Land of the Rising Sun, or as you know it, Japon. We bring gifts for His Majesty and His family, and a letter of the Tenno Heika for Him. We ask you to conduce our party to Him, so that our mission could be fulfilled, and for us to bring joy to the Tenno."

Nakano, impassible, speaks in Japanese, while still gazing in the driver's eyes: "Yamada, tell him that you also brought the Tenno's personal geisha to sing and dance in the nanban Lord's bedroom, you lackey smooth-talker."
While Yamada turns a redder tone, the others tremble to mantain their composture under the confused eyes of the driver.
borisperrons

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:59 pm

The driver furrows his brow -- he was given a list of nations, and these certainly aren't from one of them. "Do you have an invitation?"

DeltaV

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:07 pm

A carriage arrives at the palace. Out of it first stepped out three guards, all dressed in simple armor, with leopard skin attached diagonally in the front and hanging from the back like a cape. Theyre equipped with sabers.

After them stepped out the queen, wearing a blue dress with slight green and golden details, her dark brown hair, somewhat short, tied in a simple, yet complicated way on her head. After her stepped out her husband, the king, a man of a strong posture, and a black beard, wearing clothing in similiar colouring, but he also wore a hat on his head (like this ). After that comes another guard, carrying what seems to a barrel, and a wooden case on top of it.
The queen, along with her husband, enter the dining room, and after a second, the front guard, seemingly the leader of the group, speaks:

"I present to you, your highness Emperor Louis the XVI, queen Katerina I Stanowskija, empress of White Ruthenia and Pruthenia, leader of the Ruthenian Parliament, and the head of Ruthenian Royal Ministry. Along with her, i present to you her husband, king Jurij II Stanowiskij, leader of the Ruthenian Military, and the head of the Noble House in Ruthenian Parliament. With us (as he points on the guard carrying the barrel and the case) we bring the finest czereśniówka, ice cream made with wild cherries, and the finest of vodkas, and as an appetizer, a case of the finest kabanos, made from wild moose. Along with that, we bring the highest quality of boar meat, and a recipe, with which this boar meat shall be prepared. If you allow, may we bring the dishes to the kitchen?"
cziken20

Location : Pomorskie, Poland (happily not even close to the hell which is sonsowiec, yay!)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caesar15 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:23 pm

The Nationalist expedition arrives, and out of the carriages come the representative of The Provincial Republic of Turkey. He is followed by several guards, clad in brown uniforms and wearing caps that ordain the Nationalist blue and a white sun in the middle. They carry muskets and a sheathed sword. The representative himself carries both a sword and a pistol, as well as being in a brown uniform and with an officer cap. Several more carriages appear behind the others, out of these carriages come a flag bearer with his flag, and several musicians. They play the anthem and then proceed to the dinner itself.
Caesar15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:28 pm

"Mother! Father!" The Empress rises to her feet and crosses the hall to embrace the Ruthenian king and queen. Louis follows close behind to greet his parents-in-law. "Katarina, Jurij. You honor me with your presence, my staunchest of allies. Please, have a seat next to Laura and I and help yourself to something to eat."

Servants gather the assorted meals brought, sending the boar to be prepared according to the recipe and placing the rest on the table.

---

The Turkish envoy is also welcomed into the dining hall and shown to a seat, though the musicians are informed that they must wait outside of the palace.

DeltaV

Back to top Go down

Post by borisperrons on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:30 pm

Yamada, recovering his composture, addresses the driver in his best impression of a competent diplomat.

"My friend, indeed no, we don't have this invitation you ask for. But let me ask you one thing: don't you feel the heavy burden of responsabilty on your shoulders? Wouldn't you like to go to your home tonight and to fall asleep with a clear and serene mind, knowing that tomorrow you certainly wouldn't put in prison for having offended the envoys of a foreign Lord? My friend, if I were you, I wouldn't find it dishonorable to defer this important choice to another servant of your Emperor, someonethat can better bear the responsabilities of a wrong choice, and even better, one that I don't like!"

Nakano sighs.
borisperrons

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:34 pm

The driver considers this for a moment, and then shakes his head. "If you do not have an invitation, I cannot bring you to the palace."

DeltaV

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:45 pm

The queen, after rejoining with her daughter, speaks to the emperor:
"We're honored to meet you too, Louis. We will proceed to our seats."
The king, after also rejoining with his daughter, follows after his wife.
cziken20

Location : Pomorskie, Poland (happily not even close to the hell which is sonsowiec, yay!)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:40 pm

Once everyone has been seated, the Emperor raises his voice once more. "Now, I am certain that you all know that good food is not the only reason for this dinner. As almost all of those invited have arrived, let us begin with a discussion of a number of international issues that must be dealt with.

"Firstly, shall we start with the recent naval law procedures proposed by the Indians? I believe that all of us assembled can agree that many of its points are commendable, but quite frankly there are a few that are simply ridiculous. I would propose that the convention be put into use, with the caveat that the ranges of territorial waters be increased considerably. What are your thoughts?"

DeltaV

Back to top Go down

Post by Caesar15 on Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:47 pm

The Representative speaks up, "On our way here, we noticed some odd foreigners being held up at the checkpoint, does anyone know what that is about?"
Caesar15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:06 pm

King Magnus whispers something to Prince Magnus, who starts to pay more attention.

"Frankly, the terms that the Indians have set forth are utterly ludicrous. It is insane to deny any sovereign the claim to their rightful lands and waters, to start with. The other terms are little better. Why should Irland be responsible for a sinking Oriental ship in our sea? Why should any realm be responsible for any ships aside from their own?

Section B, of course, merely lays out laws that have been ratified in all civilised countries centuries ago. Of course piracy is punishable by death! Of course pirates are to be hunted and destroyed at every turn!

Then, finally, the third section. Any naval. battle would violate the terms laid out there. One does not waste the lives of one's soldiers on saving enemy soldiers. One does not strengthen the enemy's trade routes by assisting and protecting any merchant vessel that seems to be in danger.

The entire treaty is badly thought through, and is a failed attempt by a weak country to gain some modicum of glory by trying to impose its will upon its betters."
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticPing on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:10 pm

We have taken care of our own waters in the past, and can continue to do so. Why would we want someone else to tell us how to do so?

If it exists ill fuck it

MysticPing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV on Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:37 pm

The Emperor takes a sip of wine. "While I do not deny that nations have the right to lay claim to their rightful seas, what makes the water rightfully yours? One cannot plant a flag on the waves, nor a crop. There are no great castles nor cities on the ocean's surface. There must therefore be established regulations of how far from a nation's coasts it still has jurisdiction over the waters, lest there be unnecessary conflicts.

"Furthermore, if you should call yourself the owner of an area of water, surely you must find yourself obligated to protect those traveling in it, as you might help a man in distress on the side of your road. Do you stop to see what flag a traveler in danger flies if he means you no harm? And if you will not protect those in your territorial waters, what makes them your territory but for intimidation or brute power at sea?

"I will admit you have a point," he continues, "regarding the second section of the treatise. I would think that none of us assembled here are proponents of piracy.

"Finally, your claims in regards to the third point of the convention are utterly unfounded. Nowhere does it say that you must allow the enemy's merchants to go unmolested through your waters, nor that you cannot engage in naval battles, nor that you must throw away your own mens' lives to save the enemy. What I read --" he gestures, and a servant brings a copy of the convention in writing to the table -- "is that one must make an effort to aid those in the water regardless of nationality if it is safe to do so. What is the harm of rescuing the enemy and imprisoning them instead of leaving them to drown, if it is possible? Nowhere does it say that you must return the foe to their ships to continue to fight you, and a man drowning in the ocean is hardly in any position to continue to fight. The same applies to merchant vessels. The convention does not say that you are required to protect enemy merchants in your waters. It does not say that you must allow them to travel through your waters. It only says that you may not fire upon unresisting civilians. Tell me, what benefit does it provide to sink a weaponless ship instead of capturing it and treating its crew with dignity?"

DeltaV

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb on Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:43 am

Empress Isabel Trastámara III, as always fashionably late, arrives in a luxurious carriage, flanked on foot by her six bodyguards. Each stands at attention as she exits the carriage, holding their muskets in salute.  Afterwards, a dozen servants carrying large, steaming plates rush inside through the door.

"Lo siento muchísimo," the Empress says, curtsying towards the other invitees. She is clad in the royal robes, yet underneath wears a rather revealing dress for someone of her standing. "Am I late for this esteemed dinner?"
Warriorbulb

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV on Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:52 pm

"Only by a few minutes," the Emperor assures Isabel. "Come, take a seat and have some wine. We were discussing the Indians' proposed naval statutes."

DeltaV

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy on Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:48 pm

"It is unreasonable to assume that all realms have the finances to effectively police the entirety of their subjects, or indeed all of their oceans. It is an uncomfortable fact, true, but it must be said that the majority of our dominions do not have effective policing over all of their outlying settlements.

However, despite this lack of resources, it is as reasonable for me to claim my rightful lordship over the North Atlantic and North Sea as it is for you, my friend, to claim your rightful lands in Italy."

Noticing the Spanish empress arriving, Magnus turns to her. "Ah, at last. I have been awaiting your arrival, Empress. I have the documents that we discussed in our correspondence. Once you have a moment, I would much appreciate a private word with you about the terms."

Then, turning to the Scandinavian king, "Frederick, my good friend! As I was just saying to the lovely Isabella, I have the documents that we discussed prior to this meeting, and as I said, as soon as both of you have a moment it would be very good if the three of us could discuss the terms within."

Charzy
Forum Terrorist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top