[ 1 ]
40% 40% 
[ 4 ]
50% 50% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 10

Re: Trading System

Post by Charzy on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:01 pm

Right now, without this, money is scarce. It's not very scarce, but it's still a limiting factor. With the amount of money this as it stands would provide, we'd have people earning triple what they do now, and nobody would ever need to worry about a lack of funds.

If this were to be implemented, it'd need nerfed considerably, and tax income would have to be lowered as well to ensure that money still has value.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crichton on Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:04 pm

i'm not sure why this is considered so important anyway. All that will happen is people in pretty much every nation will trade with people in every other (as always happens, RL isn't a TW game), and we'll just end up with a flat increase in money.
Crichton
Crichton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by borisperrons on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:28 pm

But, if the amount coming from tax income is lowered, and with the trading being a big chunk of a nation's income (although not the majority) we could have embargoes that have some IC effect, like crippling a little bit the nation's economy.
borisperrons
borisperrons

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:53 pm

Then wars suddenly become impossible, because nobody will have the money to fight them at all.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crichton on Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Trade should exist, but shouldn't be too pwerful. Maybe just keep it as a flat 1-2MK per nation, but without all of these enhancing buildings.
Crichton
Crichton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caesar15 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:18 am

Crichton wrote: Trade should exist, but shouldn't be too pwerful. Maybe just keep it as a flat 1-2MK per nation, but without all of these enhancing buildings.

Well I remember back in the day my Nation (Sylsia) made like 100-300 MK or something like that per cycle with more than half of that just being trade.
Caesar15
Caesar15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:25 am

Yep, you got like 330 MK per cycle. Arkeria was not too far behind with 280.

It was nice being able to roll up our cigars with 100 MK bills.
Mobius
Mobius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caesar15 on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:35 am

Mobius wrote:Yep, you got like 330 MK per cycle. Arkeria was not too far behind with 280.

It was nice being able to roll up our cigars with 100 MK bills.

Good times, good times.
Caesar15
Caesar15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticPing on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:45 am

I agree with kryten and i like what boris said.

Now with my mobalization system growth and income would be lower and if you then have each nation giving 2 MK you could actually have meaningful embargoes, nothing that cripples someone that much but still hurts.

ListerRimmer [18|Mar 06:01 PM]: what to post in VotDS | Caesar15 [18|Mar 06:02 PM]: Something sexy

Soccer [21|May 08:06 AM]: I'll be back >.>

Top8 [02|Mar 04:29 PM]: sounds like a naughty fellow, this professor Fux

[2014-07-13 20:10:06] MysticPing (Victor): Caesars extensive boob research? [2014-07-13 20:10:12] Stephen: Yes
[11:24:57 PM] Ryan Jones: I got nothing better to do than question peoples sex lives
Nah my dick was so confused nothing turned it on

[23:48] Yuriski (Ryan Jones): Then all of a sudden bam, it wants to fuck anything in sight
Tables, lampshades, food blenders
If it exists ill fuck it

[22:46:05] DeltaV: i sure am learning a lot about dino penises today

[21:27:10] DeltaV: you finally found my fetish
[21:27:13] DeltaV: yuri’s fully clothed dad

[23:36:40] Jay Dee: i joined the hitlerjugend
MysticPing
MysticPing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellorp on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:05 am

This is not a question of money--as Mobius pointed out, it would cause inflation, meaning that at least as far as transactions go, nothing would change. Mods can also account for inflation by raising the PP/MK rate to, for example, 60%, but I don't think this will be necessary. Trading with everyone would be counter-productive, because both parties get equal amounts of money out of it, so people will have to be selective about what they trade. The real point to this is that it would increase the importance of diplomacy, which is extremely lacking at this point. Trade sanctions, for example, would make things a lot more interesting. It would also make things much more interesting in wartime, as commerce raiding would become a thing.

Personally, what I think we really need is a resource system, but if others don't want to have to deal with all the scary numbers then this, at least, should be implemented.
Hellorp
Hellorp

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius on Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:37 am

Democracy has spoken; there shall be a nerfed resource system. Here's what I suggest:

New Buildings:

National Railway System: (30 PP) A massive investment in the nationwide railways has helped our country grow. Landbased traderoutes between our neighbours yields + 2 MK. Also increases the building limit by (1 or 2 depending on what you guys think) when it comes to industrial complex, factory farms, national bank and city garrison. Limit 1

International Airport: (20 PP) A big airport that allows for even more trading capabilities for all our traderoutes in the world. Increases yield from all traderoutes by + 1 MK. Limit 1

International Trading Port: (25 PP) A big tradingport where ships from all around the world can come and load off their goods. With this investment, more and more tradeships now have room to trade their goods to our nation. Increases yield from navalbased traderoutes by + 2 MK. Limit 1

Trade Routes:

Landbased Trade Routes: Landbased traderoutes can only be established between two neighbouring nations on the same continent as one another.

Navalbased Trade Routes: Can only be established if the two countries are not neighbours on the same continent. This means that if two nations are on the same continent but kortugan lands are between them, this is the trade route that will be established.

Types of trade routes are not anything that you decide to establish yourself. Basically if a body of water separates you and your partner or if kortugan lands does, then your trade route will automatically be naval. If you are neighbour with someone on the same continent, then the trade route will automatically be land based.

Trade routes can only be established with two nations that have trade agreements with the starting yield of + 1 MK. If a trade agreement is terminated, then the trade route cease to exist.

Mobius
Mobius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by borisperrons on Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:30 am

Charzy wrote:Then wars suddenly become impossible, because nobody will have the money to fight them at all.

And this is a bad thing because... ?

Also wars won't be stopped, but just limited in time and scope in a worst cases scenario. No more total-war-to-the-deatu-of-the-last-of-my-enemies.
borisperrons
borisperrons

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 on Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:58 am

I have a proposal! The tarde systems that is proposed, but base income is 1MK + PP divided by 100. How about that?
cziken20
cziken20

Location : Pomorskie, Poland (happily not even close to the hell which is sonsowiec, yay!)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:08 pm

Please stop ruining resource scarcity by giving everybody infinite MK forever.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crichton on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:14 pm

I'd support a trade system of +2MK per trade route; that's enough for embargoes to hurt, but not enough to ruin the economic balancing so far. And no buildings.
Crichton
Crichton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by borisperrons on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:17 pm

I agree with Kryten, but I'd nerf taxes a little, to account for the increased trade income.
borisperrons
borisperrons

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy on Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:23 pm

I considered suggesting that, but with people now having to pay constantly to defend their nation, a 60MP defensive force should be payed for by 15 trade routes, which is quite nice balance (because we'll all be trading with everybody else, let's face it).
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticPing on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:03 pm

I think we should limit the amount of trade routes though. Maybe 12? As i proposed in my thread anyway

ListerRimmer [18|Mar 06:01 PM]: what to post in VotDS | Caesar15 [18|Mar 06:02 PM]: Something sexy

Soccer [21|May 08:06 AM]: I'll be back >.>

Top8 [02|Mar 04:29 PM]: sounds like a naughty fellow, this professor Fux

[2014-07-13 20:10:06] MysticPing (Victor): Caesars extensive boob research? [2014-07-13 20:10:12] Stephen: Yes
[11:24:57 PM] Ryan Jones: I got nothing better to do than question peoples sex lives
Nah my dick was so confused nothing turned it on

[23:48] Yuriski (Ryan Jones): Then all of a sudden bam, it wants to fuck anything in sight
Tables, lampshades, food blenders
If it exists ill fuck it

[22:46:05] DeltaV: i sure am learning a lot about dino penises today

[21:27:10] DeltaV: you finally found my fetish
[21:27:13] DeltaV: yuri’s fully clothed dad

[23:36:40] Jay Dee: i joined the hitlerjugend
MysticPing
MysticPing

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Crichton on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:05 pm

We aren't likely to have a total number of nations that's significantly higher than that.
Crichton
Crichton

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2