The World In Your Hands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resources

5 posters

Go down

Resources Empty Resources

Post by Charzy Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:23 pm

Resources
How to Exploit the Earth

Resources
Around the world, scattered randomly, are deposits of primary resources. These  are things that you can mine, or harvest, or otherwise obtain from the  planet. From  there, you can trade them away to other nations for whatever you need  from them, or you can get more primary resources and build a factory to  manufacture secondary resources. Secondary and tertiary resources will  give you bonuses if you have access to them.

Obtaining Primary Resources:
Each  primary resource (listed below), has 6 nodes in the world. If the Zone  of Control of one of your cities goes over one of these nodes, you can  build a mine, or a plantation or whatever (The names for these vary,  they're listed below with the primary resources. The generic name is  Gathering Point). You can only build three Gathering Points per node,  and they cost 30PP each.

Each  Gathering Point produces one UPC (unit per cycle) of its resource. (If you've played Civilization, you'll understand how this works). Basically, units don't stockpile. If you have three Iron Mines, then you have 3 UPC of Iron. The next turn, you will still have 3 UPC of Iron, and so on. Any that isn't in use is wasted. If you want to trade a resource to another nation, it's simple. You trade in UPC of a resource. Say France wants 1 UPC of Iron from you, and you have 3 Iron Mines. You send them 1 UPC of Iron. You now have 2 UPC of Iron and they have 1 UPC of Iron for as long as your agreement lasts.

Uranium is special in that it does stockpile, so if you have three uranium mines and you mine for ten cycles, you'll have 30 units of uranium. It doesn't work in UPC. Trading in it works by trading in units, not UPC.

Secondary and Tertiary Resources and Bonuses
Secondary Resources give bonuses (except Uranium, which gives no bonuses) and  each one requires two Primary Resources to make. To make a Secondary  Resource you need to build a Factory for that resource (50 PP). A factory takes one UPC of each Primary Resource and produces one UPC of  its Secondary Resource. To increase production, you need to build more factories. Tertiary Resources act exactly like Secondary Resources, except they require two  Secondary Resources to make and they give larger bonuses. As long as you have at least one UPC of a Secondary or Tertiary Resource, you can use its bonus. If you don't have at least one UPC of a resource, you don't get its bonus. Simple.

Resource List and Bonuses
This list shows all of the resources that can be made, along with how to make them.

Resource List:

This list shows all of the bonuses given by each Secondary and Tertiary resource.

Bonuses:

Map
Below is a map of all resource nodes on the planet. They've been placed randomly. People picking land for their initial claim just because they want the resources will be frowned upon.
Map:

Last edited by Charzy on Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Resources Empty Re: Resources

Post by twinky827 Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:24 am

No offshore oil?
twinky827
twinky827

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:17 pm

In our current timeframe we wouldn't know that offshore oil exists, really, or how to gather it. Maybe some nodes will appear once we reach a certain time or technology.

DeltaV

http://www.Idonthaveawebsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:29 pm

No offshore oil because unneeded complexity.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Appe96 Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:02 am

Does a gathering node count as a building? I mean, if I got 9,000,000 pop total. Then I can build 9 buildings if I remember correctly. So if I build, let's say an iron mine. Can I only build 8 more buildings?
Appe96
Appe96

Back to top Go down

Post by Appe96 Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:37 pm

anyone?
Appe96
Appe96

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:51 pm

No.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:26 pm

Resource map updated.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Resource bonuses should be updated, Plastics and the other give discount on PP research cost, while thats no longer a thing.
cziken20
cziken20

Location : Pomorskie, Poland (happily not even close to the hell which is sonsowiec, yay!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Appe96 Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:53 pm

Quick question. As it says, you need a factory to combine resources, costing 50 PP. My question is, does the factory act like the resource gathering node in the sense that it does not affect the building limit.

For example let's say I have 5 farms, 1 Uni, 2 Banks and 1 Factory district, totalling 9 buildings. Do I need to demolish one building to build the factory for the secondary resource or not, just like I can have 9 buildings and still have three mines?
Appe96
Appe96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum