The World In Your Hands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mittelamerikan Politics

Go down

Mittelamerikan Politics Empty Mittelamerikan Politics

Post by Appe96 Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:37 pm

I am not running my country with an iron fist in this RP. My actions are depending on various factors known as politics, which will shape my nations future. It will be like a minigame, which I and the rest of the world can directly or indirectly can influence to some degree.

For example. Let's say that there is an large communist revolution in America, this will increase the chance of there being a revolution in Mittelamerika, and even more so than if it would be an revolution in Rome.
A conservative government will in the long run create more and more militant liberals, and only social reforms will stop the militancy and spread of liberals. However if I do social reforms too soon, my conservative elite may get angry, however if I do it too late, I may face nationwide unrest such as strikes or rebellions (I will deduct PP and Currency from my nation if there are strikes).

This will be represented by various modifiers and some times dice rolls, which will decide the state of politics in my nation. If a modifier gives +1% Abolitionist membership for example, then 1% of my population will join the Abolitionist cause every cycle, and they will directly influence which political families will be in power over my country.

This also affects my diplomacy. My nation will not be allied to a country if they don't have a good standing people, and even this will be determined by modifiers. An embassy may increase relations, but will not simply cut it. Treaties needs to be signed and there may need to be cultural/ideological similarities and/or historic friendship before I may agree to some things.

I rather appreciate if no one posted in this thread. Any comments can go to my OOC thread in Nations OOC!
Appe96
Appe96

Back to top Go down

Mittelamerikan Politics Empty Re: Mittelamerikan Politics

Bundesrat

The Bundesrat (Federal Council) are the legislative chamber of Mittelamerika and serves as unicameral version of the United States Congress.

Founded in 1648 under Article I of the Mittelamerikan constitution, the Bundesrat originally represented three Länder (States); Geldland, Welserland and West Indien. However with settlement of the Trockesien region, it was added as a fourth Land to be represented by the Bundesrat.

The Bundesrat currently has 10 seats and are located in the Reichstag of Mittelamerika in Karlsburg. Each Land has 2 senators, with the capital city of Karlsburg also having two seats. The city of Karlsburg and its surrounding area is considered a sort of enclave which the Federation has complete administrative power over. While the Länder are semi-autonomous.

Each senator...

WIP

Last edited by Appe96 on Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Appe96
Appe96

Back to top Go down

Poor Strata - 7,560,000 people (84%)

Free men - 6,300,000 people
Farmers - 5,796,000 people (92%)
Labourers (Miners, Foresters etc) - 504,000 people (8%)

Slaves - 1,260,000 people
Farmers - 1,083,600 people (86%)
Labourers (Miners Foresters etc) - 176,400 people (14%)

Middle Strata 1,260,000 people (14%)

Clergymen - 180,000 (7%)
Bureucrats - 90,000 (14%)
Artisans - 995,400 (79%)

Rich Strata 180,000 people (2%)
Nobles - 9,000 (5%)
Non-noble landlords - 126,000 people (70%)
Bankers/Merchants 45,000 people (25%)

WORK IN PROGRESS

Last edited by Appe96 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Appe96
Appe96

Back to top Go down

Political Census

The Political Census are conducted every few years and are conducted to estimate peoples ideologies. It breaks down into several categories, the first being the overall voters ideology, then the overall peoples ideology, then it goes more into detail one the ideologies for each respective social class.

There are also predictions on how the public opinion will change (modifiers), so one can get a general idea on how the political factions are rising.

1808 Census
This census looks at the overall public opinion of the nation. Not all of these people are eligble to vote.

Liberals - 48%
Steiner - 34%
Gossler - 14%

Conservatives - 35%
Fugger - 26%
Welser - 16%

Reactionary - 17%
Krupp - 14 %
Von Frentz - 3%

1808 Voting Census
This census estimates how many people from the voter base (5% richest people) will vote for what family.

Liberals - 22%
Steiner - 10%
Gossler - 12%

Conservatives - 40%
Fugger - 24%
Welser - 16%

Reactionary - 38%
Krupp - 11%
Von Frentz - 27%

TO BE CONTINUED...

Last edited by Appe96 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Appe96
Appe96

Back to top Go down

Post by Appe96 Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:46 pm

Revolutionary Movements

Partisanen von der Vaterland
An independence movement, that seeks to throw off the shakels of the old world from the Mittelamerikan people, like their neighbours to the North did in 1776. But also to grant more political and social liberty to the ordinary Mittelamerikan man.

It has had various successes and downfalls throughout history. Their first achievement were to overthrow the Governor that the Emperor had appointed for the colony in the 1600s, resulting in the constitution of 1645 and an largely increased autonomy of the colony from continental Europe. They were also responsible for the crisis of 1788-1789, fueled by the American war of independence, the revolutionaries had gained enough public support to enforce an trade embargo towards the Empire untill more autonomy was achieved. Their goals were even here met with success, and formed the basis of the Treaty of Neu Augsburg in 1789, which gave the colony even more autonomy.

Since then they have lost the many of their more than million of supporters which they had back in 1788, as the independence fever died down. However today they are taking a more and more active role in popular politics and dominates much of the liberal sector.

Growing (+37.0%)

Militancy
Moderate

Members:
200,000-500,000 Supporters
Unknown ammount of people who is ready to take up arms

Modifiers:
1645 crisis (-5%)
1788-1789 crisis (-35%)
Distance from homeland (+10%)
Continental Emperor (+5%)
American Free States (+30%)
New Antioch proposal (+30%)
Clergical convoy (+2%)

Backers
Steiner Family
parts of Gossler Family

Agenda
- Independence of Mittelamerika
- More citizens gaining voting rights

Abolitionistbewegung
With roots from the 1720s, the abolitionist movement as it is called in english are fighting for what they percieve as freedom for all people.

They have long been a liberal pain in the aristocrats backside, and were a driving force for the Mittelamerikan slave rebellion of 1731, which ultimately resulted in the destruction of the Abolitionist forces by the Mittelamerikan Landwehr. Since then, the movement has tried to rebuild to launch a new attack against the system of slavery, either through warfare or democracy.

Status
Mostly underground
Growing (+5,5%)

Militancy
High

Members
Unknown, all or most slaves are suspected to support the movement in one way or another.
White supporters are unknown but estimated to be around 100,000

Unknown ammount of people who are ready to take up arms

Modifiers
1731 rebellion (-45%)
Independence Debate (-6%)
Clergical convoy (-2%)
1731 rebellion (+10%)
Abolitionist family in the Bundesrat (+30%)
Close relationship with Cascadia and Huron (+15%)
Country priest criticises slavery (+2%)
Agrarian Expansion in Mittelamerika  (+1,5%)

Backers
The Steiner family is suspected to finacially support the Abolitionist movement. However, no evidence has been provided to this day.

Agenda
Abolish slavery
Voting rights for all ethnicities[/color]
Appe96
Appe96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down