The World In Your Hands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The RP Nation / Map Planning Thread

+9
Jaiteaes
borisperrons
MysticPing
Yuriski
Dragonlizard98
m5o5
Charzy
WJDubs
Warriorbulb
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The RP Nation / Map Planning Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The RP Nation / Map Planning Thread

Post by Charzy Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:13 pm

Technically, since there's no applications up yet, you could pick anywhere. But yeah, you can make cities within claimed territory (within reason, don't make cities right inbetween other people's cities just because you can) because claims don't actually mean anything mechanics-wise. Zone of Control is different.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

The RP Nation / Map Planning Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The RP Nation / Map Planning Thread

Post by Dragonlizard98 Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:02 am

The Western American Republic

Map:

Flag:

Religion:

History:

So the land grab begins!
Dragonlizard98
Dragonlizard98

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriski Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:16 pm

To everyone in general, please remove other people's claims from the maps you post.
Yuriski
Yuriski

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonlizard98 Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:19 pm

oh... sorry about that
Dragonlizard98
Dragonlizard98

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriski Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:59 pm

It's fine, just a PSA for other people to know in future.
Yuriski
Yuriski

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaiteaes Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:49 pm

The Restored Empire of Byzantium

Map (Including subdivisions and Claims) claims in orange:

Flag:

anthem:

History:

Religion:

WIP

Last edited by Jaiteaes on Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:34 pm; edited 6 times in total
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:35 pm

Your map seems to be broken.

DeltaV

http://www.Idonthaveawebsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaiteaes Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:54 pm

DeltaV wrote:Your map seems to be broken.

What do you mean, I was told that I should only show my nation, and it is divided up as different sections, so I am guessing it is the claims?

Or maybe It is because I am using dropbox on it.

It is WIP for the record.

Last edited by Jaiteaes on Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:54 pm

Jaiteaes wrote:

What do you mean, I was told that I should only show my nation, and it is divided up as different sections, so I am guessing it is the claims?

Or maybe It is because I am using dropbox on it.

Yeah, I mean the link to your map isn't showing up, because it's a private dropbox link. Use imgur or something similar.

DeltaV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaiteaes Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:58 pm

DeltaV wrote:

Yeah, I mean the link to your map isn't showing up, because it's a private dropbox link. Use imgur or something similar.

I have reasons not to use Imgur, such as it ending up in some random place with really bad things on it... But I will look into it.
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaiteaes Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:40 pm

Yuriski wrote:To everyone in general, please remove other people's claims from the maps you post.

Just the claims? Not the nations themselves? Okay, I have some work to do on the map.
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriski Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:48 pm

Jaiteaes wrote:
Yuriski wrote:To everyone in general, please remove other people's claims from the maps you post.

Just the claims? Not the nations themselves? Okay, I have some work to do on the map.

Apologies for the misunderstanding, what I mean is please only show your own nation and claims on the maps.
Yuriski
Yuriski

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticPing Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:49 pm

Jaiteaes. As the systems are being built and most of it is WIP i can understand the confusion. However the three provinces you start with are ment to be 750 pixels each. You can easily see this using something like the magic wand tool in paint.net
MysticPing
MysticPing

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaiteaes Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:59 pm

MysticPing wrote:Jaiteaes. As the systems are being built and most of it is WIP i can understand the confusion. However the three provinces you start with are ment to be 750 pixels each. You can easily see this using something like the magic wand tool in paint.net

Can I show my nation, subdivisions and claims on one map?
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticPing Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:09 pm

Yes. You can. Just make sure we can see each city induvidually and you'll be fine Smile
MysticPing
MysticPing

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaiteaes Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:34 pm

Sorry if it is poor quality, I am not used to doing maps as much as I used to.
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

Post by borisperrons Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:50 pm

And meanwhile I'm here hoping that my application writes itself down.
borisperrons
borisperrons

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaiteaes Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:40 am

Too bad we can not type with our minds. Also, I am glad I can not do it.
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:27 am

I made a thing. A really, really huge thing.

https://i.imgur.com/lSqDdQ9.png

And to accompany it, a history of the glorious empire of francia:

http://pastebin.com/gpY3L9cd

DeltaV

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaiteaes Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:58 am

Cool!
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:40 pm

I'm glad this is starting in the 1800s. I assume that colonization systems will be in place? I'd like to see some new world colonization and maybe the Scramble for Africa. What will the time frame be? 1 week is 2 years maybe? Just ideas.
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaiteaes Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:53 pm

I am too, because at least we can not start nuking everyone immediately.
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:46 pm

Warriorbulb wrote:I'm glad this is starting in the 1800s. I assume that colonization systems will be in place? I'd like to see some new world colonization and maybe the Scramble for Africa.  What will the time frame be? 1 week is 2 years maybe? Just ideas.

I believe we've decided on a 1 week = 4 years timeframe.

DeltaV

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriski Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:55 pm

The RP Nation / Map Planning Thread - Page 2 L2rRu5Z

Our Territory and Claims:
Key Information:
Our History:

Last edited by Yuriski on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Yuriski
Yuriski

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:55 pm

Nation Name: The Kingdom of Irland and the Isles

National Flag:
DE FLEG:

Zones of Control and Claims:
Maps:

Capital City: Dyflin

Other major cities: Stjórnavágr, Eriksfjord

Government Type: Absolute Monarchy

Economic System: Capitalism

Leader Name: King Magnus VII Magnusson Crovan

Ruling Political Faction: The Nobility

History:
Pre 1150 - No Norman Conquest of Ireland occurs.
1154 - Godred II Olafsson ascends to the throne.
1155 - Under the harsh rule of King Godred II, Jarl Thorfinn Ottarsson flees to Somerled, Lord of Argyll and requests aid in a mission to become the new king. Somerled agrees, and begins a coup.
1156 - The Somerled and Thorfinn are executed by the king and their coup crushed.
1160 - King Godred II begins a campaign to bring Irland under his control. Allying with the most powerful Irish chiefs and promising them titles of nobility in exchange for aid, he begins his invasion.
1164 - After a long and bloody war, the entire island of Irland eventually comes under the control of King Godred II. Irish chiefs who did not submit are replaced by Norse Jarls, and those who did submit are given Jarldoms of their own.
1165 - Godred II dies of a pox. Magnus I Godredsson ascends to the throne at the age of 23.
1180 - King Magnus I sends out five expeditions with orders to explore the North Sea and return with information on the islands within it.
1181 - Four of the expeditions return, bringing a large amount of information. King Magnus I begins an effort to colonise the islands.
1200 - Magnus I dies of old age at 58. King Magnus II ascends to the throne at the age of 27.
1237 - Magnus II dies of a cough at 64. King Magnus III ascends to the throne at the age of 31
1249 - Magnus III dies of an axe-wound sustained whilst duelling at age 43. Magnus IV ascends to the throne at age 23
1263 - Magnus IV aids in the Norweigan invasion of Scotland, in exchange for the marriage of his heir and a Norweigan princess.
1312 - Alexander I ascends to the throne at age 38.
1315 - Refusing the request of the Pope to denounce the heresy that has established itself in the Kingdom of Irland and the Isles, Alexander I is excommunicated. Alexander I replies that the Pope has no hold over true believers in the Trinity, and in conjunction with several prominent clergymen who hold little loyalty to the Pope, sets himself up as the chief religious authority in the kingdom. He declares that the Insular faith is the one true faith, but assures religious minorities in the realm that tolerance is a great virtue in the eyes of the Trinity and that no man should be persecuted for his faith.
1316 - The Pope excommunicates all those who consider themselves to be of the Insular faith, denouncing them as heretics. For a time it seems that religious war may break out, but none does.
1400 - The colonisation of the North Sea islands is mostly complete, with established towns beginning to thrive. A goldsmithing industry develops in Island. Minor settlements arise in Vinland.
1600 - Much of the population of Irland is Nordicised, with much of the Nobility only speaking Irlandic, at this time significantly different from other Norse languages.
1760 - Alexander V dies of gout at age 54. Magnus V ascends to the throne at age 26.
1789 - Magnus V dies of a fever at age 55. Magnus VI ascends to the throne at age 32.
1796 - King Magnus VI issues a declaration, claiming much of North America to be his by Divine Right and Right of Discovery. His full title becomes His Royal Majesty Magnus VI Magnusson, by Grace of the Allfather King of Irland and the Isles, Jarl of Dyflin and of Søreyar and of Grønland and of Island and of Orkney and of Mann and of Føroyar and of Hetland, Lord of Vinland and of Bjørnland and of Fjelland and of Gressland and of Karland, Defender of the Faith and Protector of the Realm.

Last edited by Charzy on Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next