The World In Your Hands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three Suggestions

2 posters

Go down

Three Suggestions Empty Three Suggestions

Post by Hellorp Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:23 pm

My first suggestion is that the suggestion forum be moved into another board so that normal users can post in it.

My second suggestion is that we slow down time when wars occur. I know that it's not an ideal solution, but because of time zone issues and the limited amount of free time on all of our hands, it will realistically take at least several days to resolve any military conflict, resulting in the ridiculous scenario in which even the most minor wars will take several years. Large, complex wars that would realistically take around five years might end up going on for decades.

As for unit movement, there's a similar problem. I assume that a 'turn' is one IRL week; if that's the case, it'll take years for any military unit to even cross your own country, which I believe is just ridiculous. I think that, considering the time scale involved, movement should be instantaneous. This system worked fine in the old RP, and though I understand that units are slower here, time also moves more quickly, so it should balance out nicely.
Hellorp
Hellorp

Back to top Go down

Three Suggestions Empty Re: Three Suggestions

Post by Charzy Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:23 pm

First should be fixed.
Second was discussed, and we decided that despite it not being ideal, keeping the timescale is better than having to change literally everything to fit a slowed timescale any time there's a war.
Third isn't an issue, check how much 100 pixels is on a map. It's a long distance. In addition, railroads make travel near-instantaneous and you can move instantly within your own ZoC. Having movement take time also has the effect of preventing Japan from randomly jumping in to help France who's being attacked by Germany, so we can keep conflicts relatively localised.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellorp Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:56 am

Alright, I agree with everything you've said. I would suggest, however, that in the case of a world war, the time scale ought to be changed. Still, I suppose it's not imperative to do so.
Hellorp
Hellorp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum