The World In Your Hands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopaedia Territorium

+18
Caesar15
JayDee
WebSlave
Warriorbulb
MysticPing
Mobius
Dragonlizard98
twinky827
Charzy
Boggerm
borisperrons
Appe96
Hellorp
Paradox
cziken20
Crichton
BHD124
WJDubs
22 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Encyclopaedia Territorium - Page 2 Empty Re: Encyclopaedia Territorium

Post by Yuriski Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:53 am

Warrior, that orange ZoC is too big by 247 pixels: your population in that ZoC is not 4million, so it should still be 750 pixels maximum. Also, could you note the populations in your other cities, so that me and Charzy know you have a maximum of 9,000,000 population.

Twinky, Boggerm, I have no idea where your histories have diverged from. Considering that no European nations have yet colonised the Americas, your cultures would traditionally be those of the native people beforehand. As of now, they seem like completely custom nations; could you clarify this before I may accept?

Also Boggerm, you need to write your own history in your application. Your map also seems pasted over the top of Twinky's map. Both of you need to show only your own ZoC and Claims, they will be added to the World Map after acceptance.
Yuriski
Yuriski

Back to top Go down

Post by twinky827 Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:16 am

Yuriski wrote:Warrior, that orange ZoC is too big by 247 pixels: your population in that ZoC is not 4million, so it should still be 750 pixels maximum. Also, could you note the populations in your other cities, so that me and Charzy know you have a maximum of 9,000,000 population.

Twinky, Boggerm, I have no idea where your histories have diverged from. Considering that no European nations have yet colonised the Americas, your cultures would traditionally be those of the native people beforehand. As of now, they seem like completely custom nations; could you clarify this before I may accept?

Also Boggerm, you need to write your own history in your application. Your map also seems pasted over the top of Twinky's map. Both of you need to show only your own ZoC and Claims, they will be added to the World Map after acceptance.

Yes, we're natives. Although advanced natives, that are similar to Europeans it seems.
twinky827
twinky827

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriski Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:21 am

I guess that's fine then. Once you fix your map so that it shows only your ZoC and claim, I'll accept you.
Yuriski
Yuriski

Back to top Go down

Post by Boggerm Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:29 am

I'm pretty sure my map is good now.
l'll expand nation history soon though.

Boggerm

Back to top Go down

Post by twinky827 Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:33 am

Yuriski wrote:I guess that's fine then. Once you fix your map so that it shows only your ZoC and claim, I'll accept you.

gixed
twinky827
twinky827

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriski Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:38 am

Thanks.

Twinky827, Accepted. (In discussion)
Yuriski
Yuriski

Back to top Go down

Encyclopaedia Territorium - Page 2 Empty The Agamemnonese Kingdom

Post by twinky827 Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:30 pm

Nation Name: The Kingdom of Agamemnonides
National Adjective: Agamemnonides

National Flag:
Encyclopaedia Territorium - Page 2 5t0xb6F

Zones of Control and Claims:
Spoiler:
Capital City: Agamemnon City (Sevastopol)
Government Type: Absolute Monarchy
Economic System: Laissez-Faire Capitalism
Leader Name: King Augustei Agamemnon
Ruling Political Faction: The Agamemnons
History:

Late in the 6th century, the Greeks founded a city in what is now known as the Agamemnonese peninsula (Crimea). The city, unlike our current history, became a major center of trade in the Black Sea, being used to ship goods to nearly all of Eastern Europe. The city, known as Chersoneus, became an immensely powerful city state, controlling almost all politics in the black sea. Growing rich off of the trade that flowed through, the city began to expand, conquered nearby city states in what is called, "The Great Advancement" period. The territory that the Kingdom currently holds today is roughly what was conquered back in the 7th century.

In the 15th century, the nation came under attack by the Slavs, which posed an immediate and astounding threat. Using this to his advantage, Aleksy Agamemnons began his propaganda campaign with incredible success. The people adored him, the ruling party did not.. Within 2 years of his first public speech, Aleksy was able to cause a rebellion that overthrew the royal family in under 7 months. The remaining cities of the Chersoneon Empire soon surrendered afterwards, facing almost certain defeat against Aleksy's peasant hordes..

Aleksy's first action was to rename the capital and the entire nation after him, of course, and secondly to defend against the Slavs. He built a massive fort network across the entire northern border of the country, and won multiple wars with the Slavs, although losing plenty of territory in the process. Eventually, Agamemnon established itself as a minor power within the Black Sea, nothing compared to what is was back in the 8th century, but nevertheless powerful. It's been dodging defeat and managing to stay relatively afloat ever since, but the people have begun to yearn for democracy..

twinky827
twinky827

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:38 pm

Accepted
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellorp Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:07 pm

THE MUGHAL EMPIRE
Flag:
Zones of Control and Claims:
Capital City: Delhi
Government Information:
Economic System: State Capitalism
Ruling Party: Conservaties
History:

OOC Notes: Well, I’m back…not sure if I’m here to stay or not. I wasn’t going to join, but then I decided that all the arguments of times gone by really weren’t worth the effort. So, I’d like to give this another go, stay out of all OOC politics and let bygones be bygones. If that doesn’t work out, I guess I’ll be outta here again.
I’m not sure about the zones of control, since everyone’s drawn them like provinces, but since I figured they’re an abstract concept I may as well draw them as nice, pleasing geometric shapes. I tried to make them about the same size as everyone else's, but the 'standard' size does vary considerably.

Last edited by Hellorp on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:25 am; edited 6 times in total
Hellorp
Hellorp

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:15 pm

The thing is, zones of controll ARE provinces.
cziken20
cziken20

Location : Pomorskie, Poland (happily not even close to the hell which is sonsowiec, yay!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:16 pm

Yuriski wrote:Warrior, that orange ZoC is too big by 247 pixels: your population in that ZoC is not 4million, so it should still be 750 pixels maximum. Also, could you note the populations in your other cities, so that me and Charzy know you have a maximum of 9,000,000 population.

I could have sworn the Charzy said (not to bring him into this) that I could leverage out population through my cities, as long as it was 9mil. I checked and indeed it was 9 million (divided the pixels square for each zone by 250 to get the population in millions as a decimal, added them up and got 9). My history also explains this imbalance.
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellorp Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:26 pm

Zones of control can't be provinces; they represent which cities have access to which resources. Province boundaries can be arbitrary, and are often based on things like population (for the sake of representative government systems, not that any of us would dream of emancipating the serfs) and are therefore not very useful for this purpose.

Anyway, this is up to the mods to decide, and if it's to be discussed then I suggest we don't do it in this thread; it should be reserved for nation posting.
Hellorp
Hellorp

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:29 pm

Ok, maybe this way. Zones of controll are what you actually controll. Claims are jsut claims.
cziken20
cziken20

Location : Pomorskie, Poland (happily not even close to the hell which is sonsowiec, yay!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Crichton Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:29 pm

Hellorp, you really ought to read the rules regarding ZoCs. They aren't arbitrary and do have set sizes.
Crichton
Crichton

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Warriorbulb wrote:I could have sworn the Charzy said (not to bring him into this) that I could leverage out population through my cities, as long as it was 9mil. I checked and indeed it was 9 million (divided the pixels square for each zone by 250 to get the population in millions as a decimal, added them up and got 9). My history also explains this imbalance.

Yeah, this is correct. I ought to have made that clearer to everybody. So long as your three cities have a total population of  9 000 000, you're free to make the distribution whatever you want. Obviously keeping in mind that it's 1 000 000 people to 250 pixels and that 999 999 people is no pixels.

Basically, the two that are under 750 must be under 500 because they have less than 3 000 000 people. Accepted on the condition that you fix that.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellorp Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:09 pm

Charzy, maybe it would be a good idea to have a 250 pixel square on the world map for reference?
Hellorp
Hellorp

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:17 pm

No, no it wouldn't be. People would use that as a guide instead of counting pixels like they should be.
Photoshop, GIMP and paint.net can all count pixels for you.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:10 pm

Also, if you could read the "Getting Started" thread (including all the university threads it links to), that'd be nice.
Also, because of your location, I'd like it if you could justify each of the positions of those major cities.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:38 pm

Charzy wrote:

Yeah, this is correct. I ought to have made that clearer to everybody. So long as your three cities have a total population of  9 000 000, you're free to make the distribution whatever you want. Obviously keeping in mind that it's 1 000 000 people to 250 pixels and that 999 999 people is no pixels.

Basically, the two that are under 750 must be under 500 because they have less than 3 000 000 people. Accepted on the condition that you fix that.
I think I did that, I remember that one of them was around 470 and the other 300 something. I can't check, as my mom has turned off the Wifi in the house.

Would someone mind checking this for me?
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:13 pm

Nah, when I checked they were both over 600.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:27 pm

Charzy wrote:Nah, when I checked they were both over 600.
What do you check to see the pixels? I was reading the pixels square. Or are you saying that they were +500 pixels? Again, I've got not wifi.
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:40 pm

Red has 603 (including the city pixel), yellow has 652, orange has 998.
I'm going to magic wand in the toolbar, then up at the top there's a lightbulb. Click that, change to global. Turn the tolerance down to 25% or so (otherwise it thinks orange, red and yellow are the same colour) and click on a colour. Pixels square is in the bottom right.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticPing Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:58 pm

I made some changes to my nation, while i will still set up a nation page, ooc page, projects etc as i made no mayor changes i wont mind if you need to freeze / remove it if the new state cannot be accepted. (Wanted to make these changes earlier, but i was away on a holiday)

Old page - For comparison:

New page:

Changes are mainly minor: Name change and added a full title to the king
MysticPing
MysticPing

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriski Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:18 pm

That's fine mystic. Re-accepted.
Yuriski
Yuriski

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellorp Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:49 pm

Charzy, I've read all of the rules, I'm sorry if I didn't internalize them properly. When I have time, I'll make an effort to read over them again.

As for my cities,

Delhi was the final capital of the Mughal Empire from 1648-1857
Pubjab and Deccan were regional capitals that both became independent later. Choosing them was my attempt to fully represent the divided population and spread it relatively evenly throughout the Empire.
Hellorp
Hellorp

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next