The World In Your Hands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prototype Wargame Simulated Battles

+3
m5o5
Mobius
The Cobbler
7 posters

Go down

Prototype Wargame Simulated Battles Empty Prototype Wargame Simulated Battles

Post by The Cobbler Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:11 pm

NOTE: This system is completely optional for those who want more control over their forces during battle. If you don't want to use this, its absolutely fine

Right. So, first off. You want a simulated battle rather than a traditional GM report. What does that mean? Well, at first, you'll have to choose out of these options:

1.) Play Wargame yourself, which you own
2.) Borrow someone else's Wargame, and still play
3.) Let someone else (of your choice) play Wargame for you

Now, how does this work? First off, a battlefield resembling the zone in the RP as closely as possible is chosen. Secondly, you send a mod your army, and based on it, he will assemble a deck for you, using units roughly the same strength as your army. You can pick a nationality if you wish to, and can request certain units or give tips as to which you'd like. Hell, if you want, you could even make a deck yourself, although it might see heavy mod editing if you choose to use it.

Now, we have the pre-battle things check... but wait, there's more! You see, we need a way to keep numbers in check. After all, a defender might have small numbers of a large variety of units, and Wargame would still give you a large variety of units but also large numbers, which would be unfair. That is why, at game start, both players can send their command vehicles out to capture their half of the command points, while they are not allowed to go on the attack. Next, they can build their army to the specific numbers provided by the mod. All units should be sent to the ''main'' command point, and can not leave it.

So, we're done now, right? No, not quite. The mod will tell you the specifics of the battle. Is it a surprise attack? A naval invasion? A turtled defensive? This will all have an impact on the battle, and so, the specific scenario must be decided on first on a case-by-case basis.

Examples: Cobblerland is invading Dogonistan, and doing so in a (ground-based) Pearl Harbour-type setting. That would mean the mod'd allow Cobblerland to send out his aircraft /before/ Dogonistan has completely sent out its units, and the attackers could also be allowed to set up its units before the defender is ready! (Normally, the opposite would be true, and the defender would be allowed to place units first)

EQUIPMENT MUST BE FROM BEFORE 1980 (FOR NOW)

Last edited by The Cobbler on Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Cobbler
The Cobbler

Back to top Go down

Prototype Wargame Simulated Battles Empty Re: Prototype Wargame Simulated Battles

Post by Guest Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:15 pm

Back to top Go down

Prototype Wargame Simulated Battles Empty Re: Prototype Wargame Simulated Battles

Post by Mobius Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:50 am

Prototype Wargame Simulated Battles FygjUs2
Mobius
Mobius

Back to top Go down

Post by m5o5 Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:24 am

I was actually already going to get a wargame game, which one would I need to do this? or are they all compatible?
m5o5
m5o5

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriski Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:52 am

I'm unsure about this idea. As fun as it sounds, at the end of the day, it's down to player skill. It's basically saying "If you're good at Wargame, you'll pretty much win every battle, and if you suck, you're gonna lose."

KSPRP should stay with KSP. By all means, if the participants consent to the use of Wargame, they can go ahead, but I don't feel as if it should be implemented.

There's also the fact that people who use Wargame can control their units during the battle. People going by the RP system can just give a battle plan. If the plan goes wrong, there's no alternative.
Yuriski
Yuriski

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:57 pm

Regarding warfare... If we are ever gonna get to this point, how are we gonna do space warfare. I mean like star wars and shit.
cziken20
cziken20

Location : Pomorskie, Poland (happily not even close to the hell which is sonsowiec, yay!)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cobbler Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:50 pm

Its optional. I love RP Wargame battles and this is a perfect system if two consenting parties wish to use it Very Happy

Im still more than happy to do the usual reports, but this is a nice change of pace
The Cobbler
The Cobbler

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:31 pm

Whats wargame? And is it paid? How much is it? Is a poor Polish able to afford it? Is it worth the money? Whats the game about?
cziken20
cziken20

Location : Pomorskie, Poland (happily not even close to the hell which is sonsowiec, yay!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:51 pm

Wargame is probably the best RTS series I've come across. You can buy it on steam. It's on sale now, I think.
Mobius
Mobius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:43 pm

Buy it, touch it, taste it, love it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cobbler Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:19 am

Best RTS out there. After RUSE, that is, and only just better than World In Conflict.

Funfact. After about two years of not touching it, RUSA remains my most played game ever Very Happy
The Cobbler
The Cobbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:44 pm

So in this "Wargame" we can fight with any unit we choose (pre 80s)?
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cobbler Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:20 pm

Warriorbulb wrote:So in this "Wargame" we can fight with any unit we choose (pre 80s)?

No. I make a deck for you based on the GM units you send into battle.
The Cobbler
The Cobbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonlizard98 Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:04 pm

same I`m not very good at Wargame... Time to practice I guess
Dragonlizard98
Dragonlizard98

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cobbler Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:42 pm

Dragonlizard98 wrote:same I`m not very good at Wargame... Time to practice I guess

No need to. You dont want to use it, then dont Smile
The Cobbler
The Cobbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:39 pm

The Cobbler wrote:

K sounds cool might get but I dont have skype.
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cobbler Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:51 pm

Warriorbulb wrote:
The Cobbler wrote:

K sounds cool might get but I dont have skype.

We could use steam chat instead Smile
The Cobbler
The Cobbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonlizard98 Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:05 pm

The Cobbler wrote:

No need to. You dont want to use it, then dont Smile
ok Cool
Dragonlizard98
Dragonlizard98

Back to top Go down

Post by The Cobbler Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:29 pm

This system has now been implemented, but is used only on request
The Cobbler
The Cobbler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down