The World In Your Hands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

People's Oxuytharan Network - Special News Report

Go down

People's Oxuytharan Network - Special News Report Empty People's Oxuytharan Network - Special News Report

Post by borisperrons Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:51 pm

Through South Oxuythar, all TV and radio programs are interrupted, and a special news report is announced. People gather in the cafes and in the houses to hear at what is about to come, many with a strange sense of dread.

"Good morning, Oxuytharan People! This is a special news report of the PON; we interrupt the programs to bring you important news.
"Twenty minutes ago, the Press Office of the Government released a joint declaration from the Government itself and the POLA Headquarters, stating that, from hour 12.00 today, a strict quarantine will be enacted on all ships directed to the Island of Oxuythar, with all vessels directed to the rebel held harbors redirected to the south to have their cargo inspected. The POLAN and POLAAF have been mobilized, and as we speak their vessels and planes are moving into position to start the operation.
"Although the document says nothing about the reasons of such an operation, the Brotherly Leader and Guide of the People Marc Bolan will appear later this morning to address the People in unified network statement.
"This was all Oxuythar, we'll keep you informed with the latest updates."

As the music started again to be played and the comedians returned to the screens, the number of those with a strange sense of dread had sensibly increased.
borisperrons
borisperrons

Back to top Go down

People's Oxuytharan Network - Special News Report Empty Re: People's Oxuytharan Network - Special News Report

Post by borisperrons Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:56 pm

At 11.00, the TV screens across South Oxuythar flickers, and the PON title card appears for a a few seconds, while a sound cue of the first notes of the Song of the People is played. All of this is then substituted with the charismatic figure of the South Oxuytharan leader Marc Bolan. Dressed in a plain olive drab field uniform, a basque on his head, and both the wild beard and hair all contrinutes to make him a strong figure, if not was only for his flaming eyes. He's sitting in what appears like a military tent, before him a field desk filled with maps bokks and an ashtray full from cigars, behind him a South Oxuytharan flag.

"Oxuytharans! Friends! Brothers! My People!

"I am here, before you, to explain our actions and our position to you, the owners of this Nation.

"As we promised you, and as you have surely heard from the Commissioners of the Government, the Emergency Committee is, at this very moment, working to heal this nation from the wounds of years of corruption and bad management by capitalistic and oppressive aristochratics. Our priorities, as you know, are instructions for your sons, a roof over every head, food for those in need and security and safety, for all of you.

"Why am I telling you all of this?"

If it looked like he was reciting a pre written speech, then the impression disappeared, when he dropped his fist on the table, and he started waving the other hand at his words.

"Because the imperialists and rebels out there, are now plotting to bring us back to their oppression, and to cancel, with a swift move of treacherous blackmailing, all the freedoms you are just beginning to enjoy! But, I swear to you, THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!

"I have the dreadful duty to inform you that the rebels that are illegalLy occupying the northern part of our great island, those warmongering tin soldiers, are now in possession of deadly weapons, weapons designed to cancel entire cities and even nations in seconds, killing thousands in a flash of light, provided to them by foreign imperialist powers. The purpose of those weapons is only one: to make us bow under the menace of annihlation, and to bring us back under the oppressive grip of the forces of reaction!"

Another fist falls on the table. "AND THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!  

"You are not to be enslaved again, to be exploited, to be treated as cattle, and to live in the knowledge that if you dare to rebel, all you know will vanish in white oblivion! NO! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

"Oxuytharan Free Citizens, is this what you want for your sons? To grew up under the heels of oppression of aristochratic and military warmogerers? To have their will annihlated by the decision of reckless dictators? I DON'T! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!

"To the ones among you that are now fearing for their lives, and are willing to surrender, I tell this: I'm fearing too. I am no superman, and only fools don't have fear. But, there's something I fear more than death: to live all the rest of my life under slavery, to be carried around at the will of some petty officer! BETTER DEAD, THAN SLAVES!!!

"This nation is not to be blackmailed or to be played around in the power games of foreign nations! We want our Freedom and Peace, and we are not giving them away under armed menace! We demand here, for those weapons to be IMMEDIATELY removed, and for this outrageos blackmailing to be ended, AT ONCE!!!

"If this will not happen, then we'll take our steps to make you, the Free People of Oxuythar, safe in your homes again!!!

"FOR OXUYTHAR!!! FOR THE PEOPLE!!! FOR US!!!"

He then stands up like a spring, and walks out of the image, animated by an unextinguishable energy, as if he's to broke the TV glass screens.
borisperrons
borisperrons

Back to top Go down