The World In Your Hands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Alternate History Hub

3 posters

Go down

The Alternate History Hub Empty The Alternate History Hub

Post by DeltaV Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:32 am

The purpose of this thread is to merge all of the various differences that cause everyone's nations to exist and attempt to form them into some sort of semi-coherent history. List the world-affecting changes that brought your country into being (along with a general timeframe) and we'll try to make everyone's mesh with each other.

CURRENT ALTERNATE HISTORY:

Antiquity (Pre-600 CE)
Spoiler:

Middle Ages (500-1450 CE)
Spoiler:

Early Modern Period (1450-1800 CE)
Spoiler:

Last edited by DeltaV on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:59 pm; edited 5 times in total

DeltaV

http://www.Idonthaveawebsite.com

Back to top Go down

The Alternate History Hub Empty Re: The Alternate History Hub

Post by Charzy Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:37 am

Should be anything close to global-scale in my history.

1315 - Refusing the request of the Pope to denounce the heresy that has established itself in the Kingdom of Irland and the Isles, Alexander I is excommunicated. Alexander I replies that the Pope has no hold over true believers in the Trinity, and in conjunction with several prominent clergymen who hold little loyalty to the Pope, sets himself up as the chief religious authority in the kingdom. He declares that the Insular faith is the one true faith, but assures religious minorities in the realm that tolerance is a great virtue in the eyes of the Trinity and that no man should be persecuted for his faith.

1316 - The Pope excommunicates all those who consider themselves to be of the Insular faith, denouncing them as heretics. For a time it seems that religious war may break out, but none does.

1796 - King Magnus VI issues a declaration claiming much of North America to be his by Divine Right and Right of Discovery. His full title becomes His Royal Majesty Magnus VI Magnusson, by Grace of the Allfather King of Irland and the Isles, Jarl of Dyflin and of Søreyar and of Grønland and of Island and of Orkney and of Mann and of Føroyar and of Hetland, Lord of Vinland and of Bjørnland and of Fjelland and of Gressland and of Karland, Defender of the Faith and Protector of the Realm.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriski Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:29 am

1066: The Normans successfully invade England, but are driven out by the Scandinavians and return to Frankish vassalage.

1569: The first Parliamentary Monarchy is established.

1657: Scandinavian Catholics tolerate and accept the Insular faith followed by The Danelaw and the Kingdom of Irland.
Yuriski
Yuriski

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:04 am

Delta, you need to put dates in the OP.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content