The World In Your Hands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Event - A Dinner in Francia

+4
MysticPing
Warriorbulb
Caesar15
borisperrons
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Event - A Dinner in Francia - Page 2 Empty Re: Event - A Dinner in Francia

Post by Warriorbulb Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:13 pm

The Empress turns to the Irlandic and Scandinavian Kings. "T'would be no trouble, my dear friends." She gestures to one of her servants in back of the hall, who brings her an embroidered box. Inside, the rustling indicates it is most likely parchment. "I have brought my own share of documents. I entrust the conversation will be made private until we reach a final accord, am I correct?"

When the Indian declaration mentioned, Isabel scoffs. "Quite frankly," she says "their Emperor's words seem to be like a feather in a windstorm. In peactime, they seem strange, and in war they would be absolutely preposterous. They would be swept away by the nessecities valorous combat requires."
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriski Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:36 pm

The Grand Chancellor raises his glass in approval towards Magnus: he gives a hearty laugh. "King Magnus, your highness - your eyes seem to be getting as worse as mine as we age! I am afraid I am not King Frederick. I am Grand Chancellor Severin, appearing on behalf of the king whilst he attends the funeral processions of his late father. I have the highest authorisation from both the crown and rigstraadet concerning diplomatic proceedings this evening."

The GC also raises his glass to the Empress. "Friends, could we discuss during the interval between the main and the final courses? I have a letter of approval from the King guaranteeing my authority, as well as our own copy of the documents."
Yuriski
Yuriski

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:08 pm

Servants lay out the main course, consisting of a number of dishes including traditional French cuisine as well as incorporations of the various foreign meals brought by the delegates.

"There are certainly other rooms in which you may discuss in private should you wish," the Emperor says, "but there are a number of matters that still need to be discussed by us all.

"For instance, I understand that Irland, the UKSD and Spain all lay claim to a continent or more on which they have yet to establish any presence. What is to be gained by stating one's ownership of such vast swathes of the world? Surely you will never be able to administrate or defend such huge claims."

DeltaV

http://www.Idonthaveawebsite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:36 pm

Isabel nods at Grand Chancellor Severin. "That would be great." Turning to the French Emperor, she composes herself to a more serious tone. "As we speak, our Ejercito del descubrimiento has ships embarking on basic exploration and colonial procedures. We see it not as a quest to simple garner the largest empire and resources, although those are our rewards, but as a mission to spread civilization to these savages, and with it the Holy Faith. Surely, Louis, as a Catholic, you must agree that bringing salvation is a most essential and comendable act?"
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:43 pm

Magnus, realising his mistake, grins, saying "Ah! Of course! I don't know what sort of confusion came over me! You must send my condolences to King Frederick when you return.". Then, turning to the prince, "And this, my son, is why you must always take care to think before you speak, lest you embarrass yourself as I just have! Ha!"

Hearing the French emperor, however, his mood sobers.
"Of course, we cannot hold rule of law over the entirety of our territories, that much I've made clear to be the case for near all countries. However, we trust that our capability to defend our territory is entirely adequate. We hope that our resolve need not be tested in this matter, but we stand ready at all times to defend our possessions and our honour. Should any man wish to test us, he need only attempt to defy our claims. The consequences have been clear for that."

"But let's not talk of such things at the moment, let us see what dishes you have to offer us, ah?".
Magnus returns to his smiling, warm attitude from before, as if nothing had happened.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:57 pm

Smiling at Magnus's comment, the Empress says "I'm sure my Spanish dishes will be to everyones liking."
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticPing Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:08 pm

"I hope everyone will enjoy the German wine we brought. It's from our capital too, Stelzborg. An exceptionally good year on the wine too" Frank says as he chuckles a bit.

"There has been a few deaths lately i hear, such sad news. I feel like this may reach me too soon, not many people live as long as i have done in this day and age. I'm fifty eight years old. I can't believe how quickly time has passed. It feels like yesterday when i first sat on my throne" As he said this he looked a bit sad, perhaps tired even.
MysticPing
MysticPing

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:16 pm

"Im there with you, Karl. Im already fifty-nine years old, my husband even older. And only a few years of rule are past me. I just hope to do as much as possible, and that the parliament will choose a good heir... if they dont come to a common word however, the throne will pass to my daughter." She said, looking at her daughter.

"I hope youll however like the dishes we brought! We made sure to bring the best quality of them." She said, with a happier tonne in her voice.
cziken20
cziken20

Location : Pomorskie, Poland (happily not even close to the hell which is sonsowiec, yay!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Caesar15 Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:00 pm

The Nationalist representative, confused, takes a look at the Spaniard: "How exactly did you manage to bring food, unspoiled, all the way from Spain?"
Caesar15
Caesar15

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:04 pm

"We didn't bring everything here by boat or wagon. Most of it was prepared nearby using ingrediants from brought Iberia or more local sources. However, we did have to do some quick thinking when trying to bring this Aragonese vintage." the Empress says, holding up this bottle of wine.
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticPing Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:34 pm

"Seeing as the others will hold their own private meeting, i also have a proposition for the Pact of Eagles if we have time later. Something i think is very much necessary"
MysticPing
MysticPing

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:59 pm

When the main course is done,

"Chancellor, Isabella. If you are both quite done, let us go off into a corner and discuss privately these terms, yes?"
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:05 pm

"Agreed." Katerina said in response to Karl's statement.
cziken20
cziken20

Location : Pomorskie, Poland (happily not even close to the hell which is sonsowiec, yay!)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:23 pm

"Yes, of course," the Emperor responds. "I know just the place." He turns to the remainder of the table. "I trust you will all be fine for a few short minutes? If you other group would like to hold your private discussion, one of the guards can no doubt point you to a room."

DeltaV

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:51 pm

Charzy wrote:When the main course is done,

"Chancellor, Isabella. If you are both quite done, let us go off into a corner and discuss privately these terms, yes?"
"Of course."
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriski Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:03 pm

"Excellent. Let us finish this fine meal, then we may discuss politics later." Severin takes another bite from his dish: "This is exquisite - is there any chance I may have a copy of the recipe? Our chefs back home would love this dish."
Yuriski
Yuriski

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaV Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:30 pm

The dinner is completed, all the secret meetings finished, recipes given out and envoys sent contented and full of food on the long trip back home.

DeltaV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2