The World In Your Hands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The First Congress of Constantinople - Event

+5
Yuriski
Appe96
Crichton
MysticPing
Charzy
9 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The First Congress of Constantinople - Event - Page 3 Empty Re: The First Congress of Constantinople - Event

Post by Jaiteaes Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:28 pm

Finally re-entering the room, Emperor Jan Kasimir Piast II takes his seat and remains silent.
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

The First Congress of Constantinople - Event - Page 3 Empty Re: The First Congress of Constantinople - Event

Post by Charzy Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:06 pm

"Alright, I'll take that as no objections to the matter of New Antioch."
Alexios checks his documents once again.
"Ah, yes, this should be the final matter. Myself and my brother have received a mandate from the Pentarchy to bring the light of Christ to the native savages of a number of regions. Of course, we will be compensated for this in due course, but that need not concern anybody here.

With this mandate, we have laid down the following areas under Roman influence, and wish to make it clear that these lands now rightfully belong to the Roman Empire. I have a map here, somewhere..."

Alexios, after leafing through the documents again, rolls out a large map.

Map:

I take it that this is as acceptable to all of you as it was for the representatives of God who made it clear that it was God's will for us to civilise these regions with Roman culture and Christian teachings.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriski Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:47 pm

"We have no objections to your proposals, and respectfully request that you will have no concerns to our colonial claims being made public in the near future."
Yuriski
Yuriski

Back to top Go down

Post by Crichton Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:49 pm

'We have no problem with this proposal, your imperial majesty.'
Crichton
Crichton

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:53 pm

Lucius grimaced. "These claims seem a bit... Excessive, it you'll excuse me, Emperor. It would take another millennium to civilize these lands. As a united colonial force, Rome and Italy could bring the word of Jesus Christ and the law of the Pentarchy. Might some islands in the Mollucas or the jugles of Africa be bestowed to us?"
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaiteaes Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:02 pm

With a slight grin, Emperor Jan says "These terms are acceptable, and I have finally decided to revoke my title of Emperor, and will reform the Polish Lithuanian Empire into a Commonwealth, but notice, I can not ensure that me or my heirs will keep the nation as a Commonwealth, as only God knows what is to come. At the same time, I will withdraw my claim on the Crimean Peninsula, and perhaps my people can help in civilizing the native people of Africa and bring them to faith in Christ, therefore, I humbly request that we have the Gold Coast alongside a few islands off of the coast of said region for such purposes. We also promise to treat the natives lawfully and outlaw slavery of any form."
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:41 pm

Lucius frowns. "Those lands are already are claims. We shall have first jurisdiction about the laws in those lands."
Map:
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:44 pm

To the Swedish King, "Of course, provided they do not conflict with the mandate bestowed upon Rome, we see no reason why would need to challenge you in that matter."

To the Italian, "There remains much of the rest of Africa to be civilised, the west and central portions, for example. And there are areas in Asia which have not yet seen the light of Christ. The will of God would be better served if His Holiness kept to those regions."

To the Polish King, "I will not go against the Patriarch of Rome on this matter. You will have to find a calling elsewhere. And, as for your comments about your descendants, I am sure that you will agree that they would be foolish to incur the wrath of Rome by claiming an Imperial title so soon after their forefather had confirmed that it was unlawful. I doubt your spawn will be fools, my son."
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaiteaes Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:59 pm

"Very well, how about the territory just to the north of Ora Nigrum, and maybe a small portion of the Orient, and more specifically the Island of Taiwan? Also, I would like to bring up another issue, that of the Americas, and more specifically the The American Free States, and their orders to remove all colonial claims in the Americas, even though I would use the territories as a base for Christian Missionaries to the Native peoples there."
Map:
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:29 pm

"We feel that it would be best if your claim were significantly further North. As it stands, it encroaches on a site that we particularly wish to bring civilisation to ourselves.
As for the Americas, we see no reason to prevent any European kingdom from challenging the edict that these Free States have set out, but we have no intentions of aiding any such attempts ourselves."
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Appe96 Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:22 pm

The Mittelamerikan delegate suddenly wakes up his interpretor and asks him what the hell these people are talking about. Once hearing it he suddenly interupts the discussion. And says;

As a matter of fact, we have objections to the New Antioch project being in Mittelamerika. I recieved orders from the Government that no such thing should be built in the areas that we claim as ours. However we share the view of our north american brothers that if a new papal seat is to be founded, it should be by Free state or mittelamerikan bishops, but they would not be placed under a special city, but in the capital of their nation under the juristiction of said nation. We believe a bishop from the americas is better for the american peoples.

(OOC: sorry for no answer before, I have been very busy)
Appe96
Appe96

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:43 am

"You realise, of course, that I merely pass on the will on the Church? You do not defy me in this, but God. Please, my son, reconsider."
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by borisperrons Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:39 am

Von Schwarberg, still a bit hazed by the tomultuous meeting, leans forward.

"Your Majesty, let me explain that position. It's well known fact that some american people don't see well the ingerence of the Old World in their affairs, as a little boy doesn't like his older brother helping him in some unusual task. A deprecable position, but one that we nevertheless have to consider.

"Indeed, it would be far easier to assert the Church authority through locals, by bringing the Good Word cleansed from negative terrene squabbles. The fire of faith will warm their souls in the same way if it burns Mittelamerikan oaks rather than Bavarian pines."
borisperrons
borisperrons

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:39 pm

"Quite a rousing speech, sir." says Lucius, turning to the German delegate. "Might I politely ask if you wish to discuss the topic of our previous correspondence? I assume we could find some privacy in this room."
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by borisperrons Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:08 pm

"Of course, Excellence. I'm sure the ushers will point us to a room away from prying ears. Your Majesties, my Emperor, I beg Your pardon."
borisperrons
borisperrons

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:52 pm

Ferdinand II speaks up:

"You have previously made dire statements, that i have no intention to be left unchecked, Jahn Kaziemesch of the house of Piast. I demand you apologise for your outrageous words! Remember, such words will not go by unnoticed, especially in a group of people of honor and greatness!"

"I also ask you to come with me to a private side, we have things to discuss."
cziken20
cziken20

Location : Pomorskie, Poland (happily not even close to the hell which is sonsowiec, yay!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaiteaes Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:17 pm

"I am sorry for the insults, your majesty, and yes, I am willing to discuss things with you." Jan II replys.
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

Post by borisperrons Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:00 pm

(Posting on behalf of czi)

"Excellent decision. Follow me, we'll find a secluded room. I'm sure that the original builders of this palace either loved being alone, or had too much money in their hands."
borisperrons
borisperrons

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:06 pm

"I believe I know a room, fürst.  If you'll follow me, please." Lucius says, leading him to a small room on the side of the hall.

They return 10 minutes later, with Lucius clutching a piece of parchment.
He unfurles it and looks up at the other Roman delegates. "If this pleases you, would you sign it, your Highnesses."
Italy Neutrality Pact of 1801:

Last edited by Warriorbulb on Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaiteaes Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:17 pm

"Right away good sir." Jan II replys.
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:32 pm

"These terms lie directly within our interests. We have for centuries considered Italy as being under our protection, and we see no reason why we would wish to harm our western friends, whose status as a successor to the western half of the empire was affirmed by our predecessors. We will sign.

We must, however, question why you felt it was necessary to hide away in a private room to forge these terms. Our spymaster will doubtless have taken it upon himself to have his little birds hear everything that you said, this being our own palace, but we must insist that we be involved in such meetings in future."
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:42 pm

"My apologies, your Highness, I wanted to make sure my german counterpart, Fürst Von Schwarzburg, agreed before I proposed such a proposal.
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaiteaes Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:53 pm

"As I agree with the Romans about this treaty and the problems it can cause, Prime Minister Dąbrowski and I will sign." says Jan
Jaiteaes
Jaiteaes

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:40 pm

"We cannot allow you to sign, this pact is solely between us and the Roman and Holy Roman Empires."
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by borisperrons Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:43 pm

"As is clearly stated in it. Also, shouldn't you be discussing with Kaiser Ferdinand right now?"
borisperrons
borisperrons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next