The World In Your Hands
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VoTDS setup thread

+17
The Cobbler
Sparky
Halocon720
Crichton
DeltaV
WJDubs
dogon11
Caesar15
Charzy
ListerRimmer
cziken20
Yuriski
borisperrons
Warriorbulb
MysticPing
Mobius
Paradox
21 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

What is your interest towards VotDS?

VoTDS setup thread - Page 8 Vote_lcap23% VoTDS setup thread - Page 8 Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
 VoTDS setup thread - Page 8 Vote_lcap31% VoTDS setup thread - Page 8 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
 VoTDS setup thread - Page 8 Vote_lcap8% VoTDS setup thread - Page 8 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
 VoTDS setup thread - Page 8 Vote_lcap31% VoTDS setup thread - Page 8 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
 VoTDS setup thread - Page 8 Vote_lcap7% VoTDS setup thread - Page 8 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

VoTDS setup thread - Page 8 Empty Re: VoTDS setup thread

Post by cziken20 Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:08 pm

Ok, my ship is dun. It probably looks unrealistic and shit, and the feather radiators are jsut for visuals really, but meh fuck it. I dont even kno really where the warp drive is.

Spoiler:
cziken20
cziken20

Location : Pomorskie, Poland (happily not even close to the hell which is sonsowiec, yay!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:47 pm

GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca wrote:

Sparky, you are a hard girl to please...

I'm sorry, no. Unless you think the Astreus and the other Sisters of EVE ships are cool, no. That's the style we're shooting for, but even more realistic.

Some ships operated in the Solar system *might* look like ORE or Caldari ships, but those won't be FTL capable, so we won't be seeing them a lot... :/

I'm not that hard to please
I just like my ships to look remotely entertaining, and not like a chubby ICBM
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:39 am

Sparky wrote:

I'm not that hard to please
I just like my ships to look remotely entertaining, and not like a chubby ICBM

Since when is this:

Spoiler:

more beautiful than this?

Spoiler:

Stop the impossible standards set by the media.

Real spaceships. Real beauty.

Last edited by GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca on Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca
GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticPing Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:15 am

I have to say the second one, beacuse the firts one says 'access denied'
MysticPing
MysticPing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:54 pm

GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca wrote:

Since when is this:

Spoiler:

more beautiful than this?

Spoiler:
Always?
Still can't get as beautiful as
3MUCH5U:

Last edited by Sparky on Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Charzy Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:59 pm

I don't see how a big chunky grey brick is better than the sleek, shiny marvel of engineering in the second picture.
Charzy
Charzy
Forum Terrorist

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Fuk that EVE ship is ugly. This ugliness of big square-ish shit block.
cziken20
cziken20

Location : Pomorskie, Poland (happily not even close to the hell which is sonsowiec, yay!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:21 pm

Charzy wrote:I don't see how a big chunky grey brick is better than the sleek, shiny marvel of engineering in the second picture.
Because of Opinions, Charzy.
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:19 pm

Sparky wrote:
Because of Opinions, Charzy.

So you're Ammarian? Nice.

I, I must say, am an Gallentean, but I do indeed respect the Caldari sense of aesthetic.

Gallente!:

But when it comes to science fictional ships my dear, nothing beats these beauties:
Farragut Class Battlecruisers:
Majestic Class Interdictors:
Cobra MKIII:

Them ships. Gotta love 'em.
GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca
GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca

Back to top Go down

Post by borisperrons Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:15 am

Wanna see some space faring beauty? Here, get some.

The biolocical leviathan beauty of moya:
The beauty that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs:
admiral ackbar's beauty:
The "whooorp, whoooorp" beauty:
borisperrons
borisperrons

Back to top Go down

Post by JayDee Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:38 am

borisperrons wrote:Wanna see some space faring beauty? Here, get some.

The biolocical leviathan beauty of moya:
The beauty that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs:
admiral ackbar's beauty:
The "whooorp, whoooorp" beauty:
not even posting star destroyers.
wat r u, casul?
JayDee
JayDee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:01 am

YEH GET SUM:
The Stratios, my 3rd Favourite ship design, goes like this:
3. Stratios
2. EVE Armageddon
1. Imperul Stah Destroyir

(This will still be what the Dawnstar looks like in my head >.>)
Sparky
Sparky

Back to top Go down

Post by Warriorbulb Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:26 am

Is pretty. It looks nice.
Warriorbulb
Warriorbulb

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticPing Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:24 am

Some real beauties

Leviathan:
Ebony Hawk:
MysticPing
MysticPing

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:00 pm

Ok guys, so here is the backstory, very summarized and detail-less.

It's the end of the year 2015 ACE. Harold White, working at the JPL, announces his team discovered how to create space-time warps, opening up the possibility of FTL travel. The advent of the private space industry is slowly sparking interest for space into the general public.

By the early 2020's, many things happened. India got it's first astronaut into space. The ESA launched it's first Skylon spaceplane. The JAXA sent a manned mission to orbit the moon, tied with NASA's SLS-Orion Program.
Meanwhile, Russia is facing financial problems towards it's space program. Having to redirect funding to maintain it's damaged economy, it passes on it's legacy to one of it's commercial allies. Brasil receives a technological transfer from the Russians, allowing it to jump forwards and skip the decades lost after the 2003 set-back in it's space program. The Russians now limit their operations to maintaining the ISS.

Meanwhile, the advent of Graphene revolutionizes the way humans interact with the world in all scales. Still an expensive commodity, countries with access to Graphene production technology gain a significant boost on it's economy.

By the end of the decade, humanity has started to expand into space once more. In 2029, the Japanese set foot on the moon, and start the assembly of an early outpost, in conjunction with ESA. Meanwhile, NASA, lacking funding and on the verge of a possible collapse, redirects it's remaining capital into creating a technology demonstrator warp drive cubesat. A probe, sent earlier in the decade towards Jupiter's moons finds evidence of complex hydrocarbon substances in ice ejecta from the moon Europa. The US segments of the ISS are dismantled and burnt in the atmosphere, and the remaining modules are reassembled and operated by the Russians, Europeans and Japanese, with additional modules from India and Brasil being added.

The Chinese, meanwhile, have been focusing on it's own space station. The Tyong-Yang 5, a large, multi-piece station becomes fully operational.

In 2031, NASA's cubesat breaks the light speed barrier, a feat that not only opened up new frontiers to the human race, saves the agency from underfunding. By the mid of the decade, Fusion Reactors become real and feasible economically, revolutionizing the world. By the end of this decade, Men set foot on Mars, as a joint collaboration by all the spacefaring countries, excluding China.

While the governments keep pushing the frontier, back at home, the private companies dominate the niche. Launch services, refueling, payload construction, all now accessible to universities and institutions, and in some cases, individuals.

By 2040, probes have bem sent to all Stars in a 7,5 ly radius around the sun, and to some selected stars with indications of possibly habitable planets around them. Planetary Resources and Deep Space Industries dominate the Space Fuelling market, while SpaceX is the biggest shareholder of space hardware, followed closely by Boeing, Orbital and Bigellow. The private spacecraft however, is dominated by XCor. Launch services have been taken by Firefly Aerospace, and to a lesser extent, SpaceX too.

Life is discovered in Europa, with similar but unconfirmed readings from Saturn's moon Enceladus.

In the following years, humans settle Mars and it's moons, explore the outer solar sistem planets. The two big mining corporations set private colonies in Ceres for mining purposes.

In 2060, confirmation of a habitable planet in Gliese 667C prompted the governments to  join and colaborate once again, this time with the help of the corporations, to send a colony ship to that system.

Construction of the vessel began in 2062, being complete in 2074. The drive began charging in 2070, and it was at full capacity by completion of the vessel. Travel took a complete year, but confirmation of settlement would come only by 2095, due to Light-Delay.

In the meantime, three more FTL Colony ships were constructed: one destined to Tau Ceti e, Gliese 581d and Barnard's Star II, a recently discovered planet, revealed by the probe that visited the system in the decades before.

All missions departed in the year 2092. The first to arrive was the Barnard mission, but news of it's arrival would only arrive five years later. When news came, the world was shocked. The planet that should be a lush sub-terra was a horrible wasteland, with thin, non-breathable atmosphere, blazing temperatures and inhospitable landscape. Communications from the colony lasted only a month before sudden cutoff, after diverse failures and losses taken by the colony.

Anti-space groups back at earth raged, their numbers increased, and terrorist attacks were executed against the joint space agencies headquarters. Demands were made to bring the other ships back, but they were already at their destinations, and even so, there was no way to power the drive for a trip back.

Fortunately, confirmations of success by the other colonies came a few years later, and the terrorist groups lost force.

The incident showed what the lack of coordination from Terra could cause to colonies, so research was conducted into FTL Communications. The research bore fruit, and by 2105, every colony had a Quantum Non-Locality FTL Modem shipped and installed, linking them to Earth.

After the BII Catastrophe, no more colony ships were sent, but reviewing the data sent by the now moribund colony, scientist found something rather odd: The planet was extremely Metal-Rich.

This made absolutely no sense, but this time they made sure it was correct. The planet was indeed rich in precious metals and heavier elements, to the surprise of all planetologists and astronomers. Barnard's Star is an old Red Dwarf, it was formed before heavy elements became common in the universe.

Propelled by the scientific curiosity and the prospect of profit to be made, the Joint Space Alliance, the new supranational global agency, togheter with the private corporations started the assembly of a new colony ship. Construction began in 2108, construction taking seven years. Completion in 2115. Name of the vessel: Dawnstar.

This is it, for the backstory. Any details I deem important will be added in the Codex-Like thingy I'll make talking 'bout life in the future and stuff.

Please, feel free to comment and express your opinions.

[edit:] Ha! This thing ended up everything but "detail-less"! Godammit, me.
GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca
GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca

Back to top Go down

Post by MysticPing Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:23 pm

Obvious Brazil Bias, anyways nice read. Sounds cool!
MysticPing
MysticPing

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:41 pm

MysticPing wrote:Obvious Brazil Bias, anyways nice read. Sounds cool!

It's kind of necessary. My personal vision is that, after ONU's G5 become the G9, if they ever expand into space, all of it's permanent nations will have a part on it. And come on, it's not even that much of a bias... Is just a nice nod to my God-neglected land.
GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca
GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca

Back to top Go down

Post by Halocon720 Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:41 am

Also, Terra? HOLY Terra?
We take this voyage in the name of the EMPRAH! We must colonize these worlds before the Ruinous Powers of Chaos take them for themselves! Onwards, Batul-Bruthas!
Halocon720
Halocon720

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:29 am

VoTDS setup thread - Page 8 SZm8bUu
Mobius
Mobius

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:23 pm

Please include Poland. I wann into space. (cant ;_; )
cziken20
cziken20

Back to top Go down

Post by GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:14 pm

Poland could into spess, as it joined the ESA.

And so, all polandeers could into spess and lived happy thereafter. The end. c:
GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca
GabrielG.A.B.Fonseca

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:26 pm

C:
cziken20
cziken20

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuriski Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Interplanetary Toilet Cleaners Incorporated.

I like the sound of it!
Yuriski
Yuriski

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobius Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Wouldn't poland be part of the ESA?
Mobius
Mobius

Back to top Go down

Post by cziken20 Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:00 pm

ITCI.

We bring cleaness to your space toilets since 1990.
cziken20
cziken20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next